The purpose of the Thomas Moorman Fellowship Program is to provide an intensive professional development experience, mentoring, and support to future leaders in the association and the field of student personnel administration. The program is funded by the TACUSPA Foundation.
Each year the foundation committee recommends the number of fellows that can be supported based on the cost of conference registration, lodging, and the revenue generated from the prior year’s donations. The program pairs selected fellows with a TACUSPA volunteer leader to complete a project developed by the board of directors. Throughout the fellows’ term, they will be guided and mentored by an experienced association volunteer leader under the supervision of a board member.
Fellows will be selected in May and will then begin working on their assigned project with their mentor(s). The project must be completed by September 15 to be eligible for the conference registration, lodging, and other related travel expenses. Fellows will present their completed project to the board during a regular meeting in the fall and they will be recognized at the 2023 TACUSPA Annual Conference.
To be considered as a 2023 Thomas Moorman Fellow, individuals should complete the fellows application and include a letter of support from a faculty member (for graduate students) or immediate supervisor (for new professionals).
1. Opportunity to work with association leadership on a project.
2. Mentoring by a leader in TACUSPA.
3. Upon successful completion of the requirements, fellows will receive conference attendance expenses up to $2,000 in value. Included in this compensation is:
- Complimentary TACUSPA Fall Conference and Pre-Conference registration fees.
- Conference lodging reimbursement.
- Reimbursement for approved travel expenses (meals, mileage/flight, etc.) associated with attending.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Make sure your TACUSPA MEMBERSHIP is active to ensure access to the monthly newsletter!